Friday, January 22, 2010

Creamy Mango Goodness!

Today I am sharing this delightful recipe for Creamy Mango Sorbet, or, you can create delicious frozen pops with the same recipe!  I created this recipe for the Moms and Mangoes recipe contest: They were calling out for Mango recipes that are simple and fun to make with kids...  Here is a link to that contest, even though the submission period is over, you may like to check out some of the recipes!!  http://www.gourmetmomonthego.com/2009/12/mango-lassi-recipe-contest.html 
Mango is one of my favorite fruits of all time!  Sweet, exotic, and so versatile, perfect with sweet or savory dishes!  They also pack a very nutritious punch, full of Vitamins A, B, and C, and also calcium, phosphorous and protein!  They are also packed with enzymes to help aid in proper digestion!  When I eat Mangoes I can just feel the good energy flowing through my body, and feel ready to take on just about anything!  Sharing Mangoes with children is just natural when they are so healthful and DELICIOUS!  Please enjoy my Creamy Mango Goodness recipe!!  ( I submitted the recipe in pops version for the contest, but as I've shown above you can also just freeze it in a container and scoop like sorbet, or ice cream!!)




Creamy Mango Pops

Put in Blender:
2 very ripe mangoes, with the skin and the pits removed
3/4 cup coconut milk (I used light coconut milk to reduce the fat content)
1/2 cup pineapple juice concentrate
1 Tablespoon sugar

1. Blend together until creamy and smooth.
2. Pour into frozen treat molds, and place in freezer for at least a couple of hours, preferably overnight.
3. Remove from molds and ENJOY!

These are so creamy and delicious, you'll want them again and again!  As stated above, if you'd like it more like ice cream than as frozen pops, just pour into a large zip-type plastic freezer bag, seal completely, and lay flat in your freezer for at least 2 hours.  When frozen, simply scoop with a metal spoon to serve!!



3 comments:

  1. Guess what? I just rec'd an email from the national mango board saying that you were chosen as the winner of the recipe contest! Email me your info and they'll get your prize out to you! Congratulations!!
    -Mandy
    www.gourmetmomonthego.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete