Today Eggland's Best brand Eggs have inspired me to create a new and amazingly flavorful dish, enhanced with delicious ingredients from The Land of Enchantment: New Mexico! Eggland's Best is hosting a contest for bloggers, looking for delicious recipes that include their wonderful eggs! Eggland's Best is the brand I turn to at the grocery store, my favorite variety being the Organic Cage Free-Vegetarian Fed-Brown Eggs, as close to the local farm fresh eggs as you can get at the market! These eggs really are great, just full of Vitamins, Omega 3 fatty acids, Protein, and more, they're sure to start your day off right! Find the Nutritional Info here. Pairing these wonderful eggs with Blue Corn, Green Chile and Pinon (Pine Nuts), make for a fabulous breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even dinner meal! Simple and Delicious, these tacos are great for family meals, or to make for guests! Enjoy this recipe for "Huevos Tacos of Enchantment"!
Serves: 3-6 (depending on if you have 1 or 2 tacos per serving)
Prep Time: about 10 minutes
Cooking Time: about 10 minutes total
4 ounces cream cheese (you can substitute Neufchatel cheese if you like)
1/2 cup chopped green onion, divided
1/4 cup Pinon (pine nuts), divided
1 teaspoon Sea Salt and Pepper blend, freshly ground (my blend includes red, green, and black peppercorns, coriander, allspice and sea salt; but you can just use salt and pepper blend if that is all that you have available)
6 Eggland's Best Eggs- Large- grade A
6 Blue Corn Tortillas
1/4 cup Roasted Green Chile, chopped
1. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1/4 cup of chopped Green Onion, 2 Tablespoons of Pinon (pine nuts), Sea Salt, and Peppercorn Medley, stirring well until fully combined. Set aside. Crush the remaining pine nuts until fine, set aside with the remaining 1/4 cup of chopped green onion.
2. Spray a large skillet (10 inch or larger) well with cooking spray. Place over medium high heat. While the pan is heating, crack the 6 eggs into a medium size bowl, and scramble with a fork or egg scrambler until light and creamy. Pour into the pre-heated pan, turn heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until just cooked through, but still moist. Remove from pan immediately and place into a bowl. Set aside.
3. Spray a large skillet (10 inch or larger) well with cooking spray, and place over medium high heat. While the pan is heating, evenly divide the cream cheese mixture onto the 6 blue corn tortillas, keeping the mixture on one half of the tortillas, leaving one half empty. Evenly divide the scrambled eggs over the tortillas, laying the eggs on top of the cream cheese mixture. Evenly divide the chopped green chile over the scrambled eggs layer.
4. Once the pan is hot, add the prepared tortillas to the pan (I can fit 3 at a time in my pan). Once the tortillas have softened, about 1 minute, fold the empty side of each tortilla up over the filling, forming the tacos. Flip over gently with a spatula and cook for about 2 minutes per side, till warmed through and slightly crisp. Remove from pan, and repeat with remaining prepared tortillas.
5. Once tacos are cooked till slightly crisp and puffed up, set on a plate, and garnish with remaining green onions and the crushed pinon (pine nuts). Serve and ENJOY!!! You may want one or two tacos, but they are incredibly satisfying and filling, and I found one to be perfect!